Messina Group’s Business Intelligence & Analytics Practice is seeking a Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer local to Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of full life-cycle development in the BI/Analytics space with a focus on the Microsoft technology stack. The candidate will join our BI & Analytics practice as a consultant and will develop Analytics solutions for our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with client business and technical teams to develop business intelligence and analytics solutions for clients to address business problems
- Elicit requirements from key business and technical stakeholders
- Participate in full SDLC lifecycle of BI projects
- Recommend technical configurations, architecture and deployment best practices
- Support the development of collateral for the Messina Group BI Practice, such as case studies, BI products and frameworks, demonstration materials, etc.
- 5-7 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, in the business intelligence fields
- 3+ years of experience working with the Microsoft BI stack
- Intermediate level knowledge of one or more of the following: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Power BI
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate technical solutions and business benefit to both technical and business resources
- Fundamental understanding of data warehousing, metadata management, abstraction layer and presentation layer architecture
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and data architecture concepts (Kimball, etc.), star schemas
- Exposure to non-SDLC methodologies, such as waterfall and agile
- Experience leading development teams consisting of both client and internal resources
Messina Group Consulting offers competitive benefits packages for all internal employees including a base salary plus PTO, paid holidays and insurance coverage (health, vision, dental).