Document management focuses on the storage and organization of content creation and sharing within a business. Companies without a formal document management system in place often find their content unmanaged, decentralized and scattered across file shares and individual hard drives. This lack of organization makes it nearly impossible for employees to find, share and collaborate effectively on content, with countless hours wasted searching for or recreating old documents.
Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Online supports your organization’s document management needs by providing a broad set of document management capabilities that enable you to do the following:
- Store, organize, and locate documents
- Ensure the consistency of documents is maintained
- Manage metadata for documents
- Protect documents from unauthorized access or use
- Enforce consistent business processes for how documents are handled via workflows