Messina Consulting is seeking talented individuals to join our Business Development team who are looking to establish or build upon a sales career within the IT industry. As a Business Development Executive for our cloud based analytics solution, Analytics Hub, you will be responsible for selling our services through a consultative selling approach which requires you to identify new business opportunities, understand the customer’s needs and effectively communicate the value proposition with the goal of generating new business for the company.
Here at Messina, we use a team based approach, combined with one-on-one training to properly educate our sales team. The ideal candidate for this role will possess enthusiasm for the tech industry, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to learn and the ability to articulate a value proposition.
A technical sales background is not a prerequisite; we will train the right person.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect new business opportunities and develop legacy accounts through daily interactions via email, phone and in-person meetings
- Conduct web-based presentations of Messina’s Analytics Solutions for top-tier clients and C-level executives
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Messina’s consulting division
- Understand organizational structures while thinking strategically to create and communicate tailored solutions to your clients
- Become a subject matter expert in the Analytics industry through on-the-job training, acquiring market intelligence, researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, and seeking out other learning and development opportunities as they become available
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience – prior Sales experience is not required
- Ability to manage your time effectively, embrace a proven Sales methodology and be process driven
- Experience working effectively and accurately in a results-driven, fast paced environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with ability to comfortably engage with C-level executives
- Able to work independently with self-motivation while being an effective team player
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions
- Adept at quickly learning and understanding new technologies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Ability to demonstrate a Consultative selling capability
- Experience working in a Sales environment with new business development or cold calling experience
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and CRM technology
Messina Group Consulting offers competitive benefits packages for all internal employees including a base salary plus uncapped commission programs, PTO, Paid Holidays and insurance coverage (health, vision, dental).