Messina Consulting is expanding its Business Development team. We are looking for a BD executive who can function as a Player / Coach for an early stage rapidly growing Cloud consulting firm. The right person will have a proven track record as a rain maker and have Business Development leadership skills.
We sell complex and innovative solutions to “C” level decision makers. The right person is a multifaceted BD executive who has experience in a consultative selling environment, and wants to help lead and grow a Business Development team.
Messina Group is a leader at delivering Technology Strategy, Analytics, and CRM consulting solutions nationally to fast growing SMB clients. Many of our clients are Private Equity backed and hire Messina Group to help accelerate their growth. Our buyer is typically the CEO, CFO, COO, VP of Sales, and/or GM.
Messina Group’s Consulting team is led by several founders and executives from, The Revere Group, an Inc. 500 fastest growing company, Ernst and Young entrepreneur of the year, and National IT consulting firm which grew organically to 550 employees nationally.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Generation – Generate and qualify leads at target markets and accounts
- Account Development – Research, prospect, qualify, and cross sell business into new Accounts and existing accounts
- Working in a team-oriented Pre-Sales environment to craft a compelling approach and solution for our clients
- Conduct web-based presentations of Messina Group’s Solutions for clients and C-level executives
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Messina’s consulting division
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline and exceed new business targets and monthly metrics
- Help build a national Business Development team – hire, train, and mentor a top-flight BD team
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in selling Solutions to Clients across a variety of industries
- As a Quick Study, become fluent in many industries, business models, and best practices
- Be well read, learn on-the-job, acquire market intelligence, research trends, and proactively seek learning and development opportunities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- 7+ years of experience in Sales environment with proven track record of revenue generation
- Consultative selling capability, embraces proven Sales methodology and processes
- Time management – work effectively and accurately in a results-driven, fast paced environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, is comfortable engaging with C-level executives
- Self-motivated, work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions
- Drive sales – new business development and lead generation
- Adept at learning and understanding new technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and CRM technology
MESSINA GROUP BENEFITS:
- Base salary + uncapped incentive pay program
- Full benefits including PTO, health, dental and vision insurance
- Chicago Loop or Park Ridge, IL locations